Sunday, August 7, 2011

I've quilted (during nap time)

The Chrysalis Sudoku Quilt is finally quilted and now ready to bind!


Yesterday I made the back and the basting and I had no idea how I was going to quilt it. I've slept the whole night (yeah, Smurfette#2 does sleep 11 hours in a row... lucky me!), so this morning no news... but during nap time (eh eh!) I got it.

It's kind of simple, in fact: in the central five square rounds I used a concentric pattern with bubbles and straight lines:

quilting stitches combination
bubbles (left) and straight line (right)

In the external two ones I went with straight lines:

the lines cross at the corners of the quilt
In this quarter of the quilt I highlighted everything so you can get the idea.

yeah, well... I can't draw very straight lines on computers... nor  bubbles
Important note: the little bubbles are a saved sequence in my machine (there's no way I'd be so regular and precise with free motion...), I've only combined it with straight stitches when reaching the corners.

perfect little bubbles (Gracie did it)
my 'intervention' in corners
I'm pretty proud of this one. Can't wait to attach its binding!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when it all comes together. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Chrysalis is one of my favorrrite lines! I've spent hours drooling over it online, but have to use the fabric I have before I can justify purchasing more :( So excited to see it in a beautiful quilt, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete